Be Part Of A Noble Cause
Join Our Team
Reducing E-Waste One Computer At A Time
With electronic equipment reaching planned obsolescence in increasingly short time spans, and technology upgrades occurring quicker than ever before, the electronics recycling industry is constantly growing. The industry manages e-waste through recovery, reuse and recycling – ensuring equipment remains in use as long as reasonable and then is safely recycled at end-of-life. The industry also creates green jobs for people who are passionate about sustainability.
ERA is looking for energetic, talented people who can support our mission of creating an environment without e-waste in landfills while driving innovation in the electronics reuse and recycling industry. We offer rewarding careers with advancement opportunities, competitive wages and comprehensive benefits.
Transport truck drivers operate heavy trucks to transport goods and materials over urban, interurban, provincial and international routes. They are employed by transportation, manufacturing, distribution and moving companies, and trucking employment service agencies, or they may be self-employed. This unit group also includes drivers of special purpose trucks and shunters who move trailers to and from loading docks within trucking yards or lots.
- The following is a summary of the main duties for some occupations in this unit group:
- Long-haul transport truck drivers
- Operate and drive primarily tractor-trailor, long-combination vehicle and straight-body trucks weighing over 4500 kg to transport goods and materials over long distances
- Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, brakes and cold storage
- Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain log books
- Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices and on-board computers
- May perform emergency roadside repairs
- May drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
- May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
- Short-haul and local transport truck drivers
- Operate and drive primarily straight trucks to transport goods and materials mainly on local routes and short interurban routes
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle such as condition of equipment, and loading and unloading of cargo
- May drive special purpose trucks such as tow trucks, dump trucks, hydrovac trucks or cement mixing trucks.
You’re the everything person for our organization.
You speak English and French.
You can cold call. You can write invoices. You can deal with issues. You can pick up the mail. You can go to the post office. You can go to events and make presentations. You are flexible, willing to learn, willing to do what it takes to succeed.
What do you do?
Help us grow the ERA brand, while we help other organizations with their CSR, by repurposing otherwise obsolete computers and laptops. Repurposing them in the homes and offices of needy families and organizations.
Our organization helps a lot of local people, charities, non-profit organizations, and others. You can be a part of bringing good to local communities, and help the ERA find more computers for refurbish for donations and reuse.
The individual should have experience in marketing (Not just SM account)
Actual experience in organizing and running fundraising events with sponsors and partners.
The position is based in our Calgary office and warehouse, with travel required within and outside the city and province.