The ERA was thrilled to donate 20 computers to the Refugee Centre in Montreal to assist the individuals they serve.
“We are experiencing a huge demand of people that have no financial capacity of acquiring laptops, and we are assisting them by lending them freely these computers, until they can get to a point they can buy their own. People that need to go back to school and even people that are required to work from home,” Refugee Centre.
The Refugee Centre is a Canadian non-profit that provides a sustainable structure of integration for refugees and immigrants in Canada. They are a group of students and graduates who have worked to create an organization, which implores the student population to work together with the community to help strengthen the refugee & immigrant population through unity and integration. Visit their website here for more information.
What They Hope to Achieve
- Create jobs for students, refugees, and immigrants.
- Provide a wide variety of services for all incoming and existing refugees in Montreal, with high contribution from our student population.
- Empower socially/economically the refugee and immigrant population.
- Validate and address common mental health concerns; provide a safe space for open dialogue, self-care strategies, and connections to further psychosocial support resources.
- Create legal resources and job banks for refugees and immigrants to use whenever needed.
- Create and build educational resources for refugees and immigrants.
- Create affordable housing for students.
- Lobby and build relations with both the Provincial and Federal government to further aid the existing and incoming refugee population, as well as the large number of undocumented refugees in Canada.
The ERA (Electronic Recycling Association), is focused on reducing unnecessary waste and/or environmental impact through effective management of retiring electronic and IT equipment. As a non-profit organization with deep community roots, it is our “reuse” focus and donation activities that set us apart from others in this sector. We are an ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 Certified Company that offers pickup services, comprehensive data security measures and subsequent reporting. Individuals and organizations alike move through technology hardware for a number of different reasons, and often there is ongoing productive use.
The ERA believes that “reuse” where ever possible is the most ecological approach to this growing stream, and an excellent way to compel real community goodwill at the same time. The Electronic Recycling Association has a clear mission of reducing electronic waste through computer recycling, laptop recycling and computer donation services. With depots throughout Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and all of Canada. ERA provides a great way to recycle electronic equipment safely and securely.